Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Unfinished orders
Keeping an eye on the "Unfinished orders" page (Apps > Shop > Orders > Unfinished orders) can offer some insight into how customers are behaving on your site. This page will list all orders from within the last 30 days where customers have reached the checkout and at least entered an email address, and then made no further changes for 6 hours.
Why didn't they finish?
Some common reasons customers add items to their cart but never actually complete the purchase include the following:
- Unexpected shipping costs - be upfront about your shipping costs and make them easy to find on your website.
- They were hoping to find a promo code to use - if you offer promotional discounts, make sure customers are aware of them and can see them clearly on the site.
- Their payment failed - you can make sure everything is working correctly by doing a test order for each of your payment methods, otherwise it will be down to their particular card or details.
- They got distracted - people can lead pretty busy lives, and successful multi-tasking is no mean feat. Make sure you have enabled the automatic Abandoned cart emails option on the Shop settings page to encourage these customers to come back to finish their order.
- They were just browsing - some people "window shop" by adding items to their cart with no intention of actually buying.
A lot of research, development time and testing went into creating the checkout for Nimbo online shops, and we're proud of the streamlined and user-friendly result, however technology is ever evolving so should your customers start experiencing any technical issues during checkout, please alert us immediately.