Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Slideshow app
Use the slideshow app to create and manage unlimited slideshows in any of your pages.
The slideshow app is available for all plans.
Add it to your site
- Go to edit a page where you want to include a slideshow
- At the top of the content blocks menu (on the right of the edit screen), choose "App Blocks > Slideshow"
- Drag the content block to where you want the slideshow to display on your page
- Whenever you hover over (or touch) this content block, you'll see a blue slideshow icon ( ) that appears in the top left of the block. Click this to launch the slideshow tool.
- You'll see that an empty slideshow has been prepared for you; now all you need to do is upload your images. (You can add more, re-order and delete images at any time.)
- Go to the "Slideshow settings" tab to optionally rename the slideshow, and control display options such as image shape, transition effect, and so on.
- Close the slideshow manager, and save your page to keep the changes you've made.
To see the slideshow app fully functioning, visit your page in a browser; if you have enabled navigation...
Using multiple slideshows
In step 5 above, instead of creating a new slideshow, you can choose to use an existing slideshow instead of uploading more images - just select another slideshow from the "Display this slideshow" drop down menu, and the images from that slideshow will automatically be loaded.
Once you have more than one slideshow, you might find the Slideshow manager handy. In the control menu, go to Apps > Slideshow, and you'll see a list of all slideshows used in your website, on which pages, and how many images in each.
The "edit" button will launch a simpler version of the editor's slideshow tool which enables you to manage that slideshow's images (add, re-order, delete) and name.
- For best results, use images of the same size and shape.
- Any changes you make in the slideshow manager are automatically applied to your page in the edit screen.
- You can return to the slideshow tool (step 4) at any time, and any changes you make will automatically be applied to your website - you don't have to reinsert the block.
- You can add the same slideshow to as many pages as you like, and each instance can have its own custom display settings.