Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Online shop app
Online shop app
Start selling online with our sleek, user-friendly integrated shop app.
- unlimited categories and products
- shop categories displayed in the main menu or as a submenu
- totally responsive (mobile and finger friendly) layout for a smooth, easy, comfortable shopping experience regardless of device
- search function can show results from site content as well as the shop
- generously sized product images, social sharing, and quick easy "add to cart" section
- persistent cart, so people can take as long as they need to place their order
- JSON-LD to help search engines display specific info about pages or products, to make you stand out in search results
- highly user-friendly one page checkout
- mix and match unlimited shipping methods
- start selling immediately with PayPal Express or bank transfers (more payment methods coming soon)
- full order management with branded customer emails
During the introduction and testing phase, the online shop is available on request for any plan. Once the testing phase is completed, it will be available on the Ecommerce plan.
Add it to your site
- Get in touch and request access for your site
- Once you've received confirmation, in the control menu, go to Apps > Shop
- Enable the shop, enter your initial settings, and save your changes
- You will be led through creating your first categories (optional) and products. (You can also come back to this process later by going to Apps > Shop > Products in the control menu.)
- When you've finished adding products, ensure at least one category and at least one product are set to show on the site (in the list views, click "Offline" to toggle to "Live").
- Add your payment and shipping methods
- In the control menu, go to Pages > "Page ordering" button, and drag your shop category pages to where you want them to appear in your main menu.
When the shop app is enabled, a dedicated quick access panel is added to your dashboard. The panel displays:
- A tally of new orders; click to view the full order list
- Number of items with available stock below the "par" level; click to view the full item list
- "At a glance" report of your sales figures (more in-depth reporting coming soon)
- Quick access buttons to jump straight to managing orders or products
- A checklist covering anything you have yet to do to get your shop fully operational
This help article is still being compiled. Got a question not answered here? Send us a support ticket from your account.
- You can return to the shop app area at any time, and any changes you make, on any of the pages, will instantly be applied to your website.
- For help on setting up PayPal Express, see our dedicated article.