Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Online shop app
Online shop app
Start selling online with our sleek, user-friendly integrated shop app. We offer two levels - a basic but flexible setup that provides everything you need to get started, and a more advanced level that includes a suite of sophisticated selling tools and features to get you ahead of the game.
Features included in the Basic Shop app:
- unlimited categories and products
- shop categories displayed in the main menu or as a submenu
- totally responsive (mobile and finger friendly) layout for a smooth, easy, comfortable shopping experience regardless of device
- drag and drop shop content blocks to show products on any page of your site
- search function can show results from site content as well as the shop
- product lists automatically show second product image on hover
- optional product summaries for product listings and featured products
- generously sized product images, social sharing, and quick easy "add to cart" section
- sell physical products or virtual/digital products
- inventory management
- persistent cart, so people can take as long as they need to place their order
- synced member's carts, so members can even build a single order across multiple devices
- product subscriptions to allow customers to automatically order items they want regularly
- promo discount tool for offering $ or % discounts
- JSON-LD to help search engines display specific info about pages or products, to make your site stand out in search results
- automatic social media tags for all products
- highly user-friendly one page checkout
- automatic abandoned cart emails to remind customers about unfinished orders
- unfinished orders page to provide insight into customer behaviour
- works with membership system so customers can sign up during checkout, manage their own details and access order history
- option to show a date field in the checkout for appointment or delivery times
- mix and match unlimited shipping methods
- start selling immediately with a range of payment methods available
- full order management with branded customer emails
- Google Tag Manager compatible, enabling enhanced ecommerce functionality
The basic shop app is available on the Ecommerce plan and above.
- all of the basic shop features listed above, plus the following
- digital gift cards with instant delivery
- unlimited custom product options
- clone similar products with one click
- recommend related products for cross-selling opportunities
- option to show products that customers bought at the same time
- lightbox for viewing larger product images
- optional product image slider for a smoother viewing experience
- ability to set a specific image for each stock variation
- choose to display actual stock count on your product page
- option to use tabs to organise your product information for more compact page layouts
- add unlimited extra content sections to any of your product or category pages - eg. FAQs, videos, slideshows, and more
- ability to set product visibility and pricing per membership group (eg. retail / wholesale)
- clearly group closely related items with the linked products tool
- ability to create secret products accessible only by direct link
- offer incentives for buying higher item quantities with volume discounts
- create advanced promo offers with the Spend X Get Y promo tool
- let your customers add items to a shareable wish list for later purchase
- product ratings and reviews (in search engine-friendly format) with optional images
- option to allow your customers to upload files as part of the purchase process
- optimised for Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- customers can register for "back in stock" alerts
- option to allow customers to choose product sorting order on listing pages
- ability to set up product filtering on listing pages
- API for secure third party custom integrations
- ability to offer specific shipping and payment methods per membership group
- ... with more features under development
The Advanced shop app is available on the Advanced plan.
- Ensure you're on the Ecommerce plan or above.
- In the left menu, go to Apps > Shop.
- Enable the shop, enter your initial settings, and save your changes.
- You will be guided through creating your first categories (optional) and products. (You can also come back to this process later by going to Apps > Shop > Products in the control menu.)
- When you've finished adding products, ensure at least one category and at least one product are set to show on the site (in the list views, click "Offline" to toggle to "Live").
- Add your payment and shipping methods.
- In the left menu, go to Pages > "Page ordering" button, and drag your shop category pages to where you want them to appear in your main menu.
When the shop app is enabled, a dedicated quick access panel is added to your dashboard. The panel displays:
- A tally of new orders; click to view the full order list
- Number of items with available stock below the "par" level; click to view the full item list
- "At a glance" report of your sales figures, with a direct link to the full report
- Quick access buttons to jump straight to managing orders or products
- A checklist covering anything you have yet to do to get your shop fully operational
Got a question not answered here? Send us a support ticket from your account.
- You can return to the shop app area at any time, and any changes you make, on any of the pages, will instantly be applied to your website.
- Check the connection guides help article for adding the more involved shipping and payment methods to your shop.