Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Membership app
The membership app allows you to manage who you share your website content with, and makes shopping online much quicker and easier for your repeat customers.
Features for the business plan include:
- create unlimited member groups
- view and manage all members from within your account
- restrict access to specific site pages or blog posts to particular member groups
- members sign up using name, email address and password
- choose between instant automatic sign-up, or manually approved member applications
- logged in members can view and manage their own details
- admin access to any member's account
- suspend signup or login functions for any group
Features for the ecommerce plan include:
- all features included in the business plan
- logged in members can also edit their billing and shipping information, and view their order history
- customers can choose to save their details by signing up during the checkout process
- super streamlined checkout for returning members, with all details automatically pre-entered
- membership is not required to make a purchase
The membership app is available on the business and ecommerce plans.
Add it to your site
- Ensure you're on the Business plan or above
- In the control menu, go to Apps > Membership
- Enable the membership app, and save changes
- The control menu will reload to show you new options - click on "Member groups"
- A default group is automatically created when you enable the app. Click Edit to set your preferences for that group, and rename it if you like.
- In the control menu, go to Pages and locate your new sign up page (it will be called "Join" unless you changed the default label in the previous step). You can add content to this page, and you can also click the "Page ordering" button to move it to somewhere else in your menu.
- When you have at least one group working with pages, you'll see "Permissions" appear under your page options ( ); tick a group to restrict page access to only logged in members of that group.
- When you have at least one group working with the blog, you'll see a new "Permissions" tab appear in post settings; tick a group to restrict post access to only logged in members of that group.
- When you have at least one group working with the shop app, your repeat customers will be able to save their details for speedy checkout, and also access their past order history.
This help article is still being compiled. Got a question not answered here? Send us a support ticket from your account.