Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Gallery app
Use the gallery app to create and manage unlimited image galleries in any of your pages, and allow visitors an organised way to browse your images at full size.
The gallery app is available for all plans.
Add it to your site
- Go to edit a page where you want to include a gallery.
- At the top of the content blocks menu (on the right of the edit screen), choose "App Blocks > Gallery".
- Drag the content block to where you want the gallery to display on your page.
- Whenever you hover over (or touch) this content block, you'll see a blue gallery icon ( ) that appears in the top left of the block. Click this to launch the gallery tool.
- You'll see that an empty gallery has been prepared for you; now all you need to do is upload your images. (You can add more, re-order and delete images at any time.)
- Go to the "Gallery settings" tab to optionally rename the gallery, and control display options such as image shape, how many per row, and so on.
- Close the gallery manager, and save your page to keep the changes you've made.
To see the gallery app in all its glory, visit your page in a browser; clicking any of the gallery images will launch the gallery viewer. The page darkens, and the selected image displays as large as the screen will allow (smaller images will only display as large as their native dimensions).
Using multiple galleries
In step 5 above, instead of creating a new gallery, you can choose to use an existing gallery instead of uploading more images - just select another gallery from the "Display this gallery" drop down menu, and the images from that gallery will automatically be loaded.
Once you have more than one gallery, you might find the Gallery manager handy. In the left menu, go to Apps > Gallery, and you'll see a list of all galleries used in your website, on which pages, and how many images in each.
The "edit" button will launch a simpler version of the editor's gallery tool which enables you to manage that gallery's images (add, re-order, delete) and name.
- Any changes you make in the gallery manager are automatically applied to your page in the edit screen. Save the page to keep changes.
- You can return to the gallery tool (step 4) at any time, and any changes you make will automatically be applied to your website when you save the page - you don't have to reinsert the block.
- You can add the same gallery to as many pages as you like, and each instance can have its own custom display settings.