Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > FAQ app
Present answers to your commonly asked questions in a compact expandable format with our FAQ app.
- easy to manage
- drag and drop re-ordering
- questions and answers are automatically converted to an expand/collapse format
- automatically matches your website appearance
- add multiple FAQ sets to different sections of a single page
- use a single FAQ set across multiple pages
- search engine-friendly automatically generated JSON-LD schema
The FAQ app is available on the Business plan and above.
Add it to your site
- Ensure you're on the Business plan or above.
- Go to edit a page where you want to include an FAQ set.
- At the top of the content blocks menu (on the right of the edit screen), choose "App Blocks > FAQ".
- Drag the content block to where you want the testimonials to display on your page.
- Whenever you hover over (or touch) this content block, you'll see a blue question mark icon ( ) that appears in the top left of the block. Click this to launch the FAQ tool.
- Add your questions and answers. (You can add more, edit, re-order and delete at any time.)
- Save changes and close the tool; you'll see your FAQ questions load in the page, in the collapsed format. (They will expand on the live website.)
- Save your page to keep the changes you've made.
Showing FAQs on multiple pages
In step 5 above, instead of creating a new FAQ set, you can choose to use an existing set instead - just select an FAQ from the "Use an existing FAQ" drop down menu, and the questions and answers from that set will automatically be loaded.
Once you have FAQs appearing on more than one page, you might find the FAQ manager handy. In the left menu, go to Apps > FAQ, and you'll see a list of all FAQs used in your website. You can edit the entries here directly.
FAQ in search results
The FAQ app is an entirely self-contained system - this is why you can edit a set of FAQs from the App menu, rather from within a page, and also why you can have a single FAQ set displayed on multiple pages. However if you want an FAQ set to be included in the in-site Search app results for any particular page, you will need to open that page in the editor and click the save button. During the save process, the system will scan the page for any FAQ sets and include them in the search index for that specific page.