Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Blog app
Start publishing updates on your website with our easy-to-use integrated blog app.
- make your blog posts beautiful, with full access to the same drag and drop functions used for editing your site pages - add galleries, slideshows, forms, and more
- fully integrated into your website - visitors don't need to leave your site to read your posts
- search engine and human friendly URLs
- set future publishing dates to schedule your posts in advance
- revisions let you jump back to any version of your post content you saved in the past
- search function can show results from site content as well as the blog
- easy social sharing on every post to increase your reader base
- automatic Open Graph and Twitter tags to help social websites display your posts effectively
- post tags to offer readers an easy way to browse related posts
- seamless integration with the spam-free Disqus commenting platform to engage your readers
- RSS subscription for automatic subscriber updates
The blog app is available on the starter, business and ecommerce plans.
Add it to your site
- In the control menu, go to Apps > Blog
- Enable the blog, enter your initial settings, and save your changes
- Use the "Add a post" link in the control menu to create your blog posts
- Add any kind of content to your posts using the drag and drop editor
- Use the "Post settings" button on the edit screen to manage post title, publish date, featured image, tags, SEO and more
- Review and edit posts you've already created with the "Manage posts" link in the control menu
- In the control menu, go to Pages > "Page ordering" button, and drag your main blog page to where you want it to appear in your main menu.
- The blog page will display a "coming soon" message until you publish at least one blog post (the publish date must be on or before today's date for it to appear)
When the blog app is enabled, a dedicated quick access panel is added to your dashboard. The panel displays:
- 5 most recently edited unpublished posts, with links to preview, edit contents, or post settings
- Quick access buttons to jump straight to creating or managing posts
- If you have enabled comments, a button to access your Disqus account
- If you want to change the "blog" label in the menu, in the control menu go to Pages > Blog gear icon () > Rename link
- You can return to the edit post contents or settings at any time, and any changes you make, on any of the pages, will instantly be applied to your website.