Nimbo > Knowledgebase > Apps & Features > Blog app
Start publishing updates on your website with our easy-to-use integrated blog app.
- make your blog posts beautiful, with full access to the same drag and drop functions used for editing your site pages - add galleries, slideshows, forms, and more
- fully integrated into your website - visitors don't need to leave your site to read your posts
- search engine and human friendly URLs
- set future publishing dates to schedule your posts in advance
- revisions let you jump back to any version of your post content you saved in the past
- search function can show results from site content as well as the blog
- easy social sharing on every post to increase your reader base
- automatic Open Graph and Twitter tags to help social websites display your posts effectively
- post tags to offer readers an easy way to browse related posts
- seamless integration with the spam-free Disqus commenting platform to engage your readers
- RSS subscription for automatic subscriber updates
The blog app is available on the starter, business and ecommerce plans.
Add it to your site
- In the control menu, go to Apps > Blog
- Enable the blog, enter your initial settings, and save your changes
- Use the "Add a post" link in the control menu to create your blog posts
- Add any kind of content to your posts using the drag and drop editor
- Use the "Post settings" button on the edit screen to manage post title, publish date, featured image, tags, SEO and more
- Review and edit posts you've already created with the "Manage posts" link in the control menu
- In the control menu, go to Pages > "Page ordering" button, and drag your main blog page to where you want it to appear in your main menu.
- The blog page will display a "coming soon" message until you publish at least one blog post (the publish date must be on or before today's date for it to appear)
You can also automatically show a feed of your latest blog posts on the home page (or any other page). To do this:
- Go to edit the page where you want to include the feed
- At the top of the content blocks menu (on the right of the edit screen), choose "App Blocks > Blog"
- Decide which layout variation you want to use, and drag that content block to where you want it to display on your page
When the blog app is enabled, a dedicated quick access panel is added to your dashboard. The panel displays:
- 5 most recently edited unpublished posts, with links to preview, edit contents, or post settings
- Quick access buttons to jump straight to creating or managing posts
- If you have enabled comments, a button to access your Disqus account
- If you want to change the "blog" label in the menu, in the control menu go to Pages > Blog gear icon () > Rename link
- You can return to the edit post contents or settings at any time, and any changes you make, on any of the pages, will instantly be applied to your website.